Sep 25, 2009

Face Jugs and Pank and Madison County, Kentucky


Joel Patton is the creator of the jugs I spotted at AWP
(and to thank for my subsequent
fascination).

"Two Faced Goat Horn" is pictured here.
It's so exciting that this blog thing works enough to connect
us!
@ Joel: One day I hope to own one of your creations.
More of Joel's work can be seen here.

And, Pank is the journal who showcased his work at AWP.
Check PANK out HERE.
 
I have been hanging with my Barker girls in Richmond and Berea, 
Kentucky this weekend. We talked and ate meals with our Mama, 
who is 94. 
Among other things, we talked about the saw mill our great 
grandfather owned, and how the steam engine display at the 
Cincinnati World's Fair inspired him to build his own. Although I 
missed my favorite bluegrass singer, Carla Gover, perform in 
Frankfort Friday night, I gathered many other heart healing moments.
Please excuse the choppy formatting; I am blogging on the road from an
unfamiliar computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment