Sep 17, 2009

Well, shit.

I hate everything! All 80 ish pages! Plus the sixty pages of "notes" and "little gems"!

I hate it all! Sitting down and looking at it gives the sensation of hammering tiny nails into a piece of tin, one centimeter spaced apart at a time!

I want to jam safety pins into my groin!

I want to fight for a hambone with wild dogs in the dumpster in front of my apartment complex!

More

than look at these pages!

So I did it. I ripped down the four foot by four foot poster which supposedly collaged the main "characters" in some elaborate self-deception about getting know them.
I returned the books on Kentucky in Reconstruction, Mexian Interior Design, Frankfort's Segregation Laws. All things I was using to "feel" the town where I was "writing."

It's over.

Now what?

The real emergency begins...

3 comments:

  1. mine also frequently makes me uncomfortable. oh, but I like that one little thing. but what if that one little thing is trite? what if it just shows everybody how small a writer I am? why is nothing visible? is this even believable? what are you writing about? why are you writing it? the hammering, the hammering....
    someday, it will be an ark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an opportunity, not an emergency.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is glorious. Not the oh shit, but the blog. I am in awe of what you are doing. I find it so brave. I'm going backwards through your postings and adding comments.

    ReplyDelete