This is a personal blog detailing my progress as I write a novel about crafting, sexuality, race, and friendship between women. Not to be confused with the nonprofit organization, Craft Emergency, which operates out of Montpelier Vermont, and provides relief to crafts communities throughout the country. Please see the link above to visit this organization.
My aim is two-fold: to provide a space for de-briefing and wonderment at the novel writing process I’m engaged in (selfish, unless another writer out there gets an idea or two from this) and to post information on the Appalachian region and topics of identity that I come across in my very non-scholarly research to write a very fictional book.
August Wilson said "I work like this--in collages."
He also said, "I didn't know what the hell I was doing, but I remained confident that it would all turn out."
Amen.
Hummingbird: How the Way I Write Shaped My Memoir
19 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment